my urine in the mornings is dark yellow but the rest of the day it's pretty much clear. i drink a lot of water because i'm an athlete. is this normal?

Dr. Richard Zimon
Yes: You are VERY normal... The yellow color in am indicates concentration of the urine .(less free water more excretory substances) The urine gets clearer as your water intake increases! BTW Be careful to include some electrolytes with your liquid intake if you work out heavily! BE WELL Hope this helps Dr Z
Dr. Rex Mahnensmith
Urine color: This is perfectly normal. Urine is "concentrated" by our kidneys during periods of low fluid intake. Like overnight. The darker yellow color is the normal result. Kidneys conserve water, and excrete wastes over night with less water.,