MD

my ringworm is on my scalp nd wont seem to come of ive used lotrimin (clotrimazole) but it isnt working what do i do?

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Tinea Capitis: or scalp ringworm is difficult to treat with topical antifungals. It almost always requires oral medications. See your doctor for treatment.
Dr. Robert Sterling
"TheWormHasTurned": You might need to take pills too.Maybe for quite a while. That's so that the medication comes up into the scalp through the blood. The scalp. like the nails, requires special treatment. Sometimes it gets so bad you have to shave your head. So, before you begin looking like a leper, go see a dermatologist for definitive care. Try not to scratch too much, it could get infected with bacteria.