my mother vomits with dental antibiotics. is there an alternative way via a doctor? liquid, injections, or iv?

2 doctor answers
Dr. John Thaler
40 years experience Prosthodontics
More info: There are no specific "dental antibiotics" , so I need more info as to what you are referring to. If it is a premedication antibiotic, then there are options. Frequently patients only take a sip of water to get the pills down. You must drink at least 12- 14 oz of liquid to give them something to dissolve in and not irritate the stomach lining. Liquids antibiotics ok. Talk with her Dentist -options
Answered on Jul 28, 2015
1
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
35 years experience Dentistry
Antibiotic reaction: it is important to inform her dentist and primary care about a reaction to the antibiotics. There is no specific dental antibiotics. The same antibiotics are used to treat my different kinds of infections. The good news is that there are other antibiotics that can be used in patients with sensitivity. So talk with the dentist ASAP
Answered on Aug 17, 2015
1