I've been diagnosed with an acute avulsion fracture of the fibula head. what is the typical treatment & recovery time for this injury?

Dr. Rick Pospisil
Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
Fibulae head avulsn: One needs to be concerned regarding the injury to the surrounding tissue like the PCL or posterior lateral corner . I.e. The fibulae head avulsion is the tip of the iceberg ,as in jury to the other structures can lead to significant knee problems. It would be prudent to undergo an MRI to assess the total injury as treatment then is based on the accuracy of the diagnosis. Consider a virtual consu
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.