A member asked:

I popped a fordyce spot on my lip and it has become infected. what home remedies can help get rid of the infection.

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Louis Gallia answered

Specializes in Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

Depends what you mean by infected. If major pain and lip swelling, see an oral surgeon ASAP. If merely inflamed, should heal rapidly with OTC meds, Orajel, saline rinse. If getting worse, see oral surgeon ASAP.

Answered Jul 18, 2015



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content
Dr. Paul Grin answered

Specializes in Pain Management

if your Fordyce spots become infected, irritated and itchy, consult your dermatologist for further evaluation.

Answered Oct 13, 2020



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor