Big Bear Lake, CA

I had surgery 10 days ago. i had skin graft from hip and it was placed on foot. its a large section of heel. could this cause swollen glands in neck?

Dr. Damien Dauphinee
Podiatry 25 years experience
Swollen neck glands: The lymphatic system drains fluid outside our vascular system to the lymph nodes. It would be unlikely that a problem at the hip or foot would cause neck lymph nodes to become inflamed but this should be evaluated by both your surgeon and your PCP.
Dr. Myron Arlen
Surgical Oncology 64 years experience
No: A skin graft to heel taken from hip places the surgery below the umbilical area where nodes to groin in rare instances may show enlargement. I suspect this is a free split thickness graft that requires immobilization of leg and foot to keep graft in place until healing occurrs. Glands in neck as a response to surgery would only be associated with surgery of the H&N.

Last updated Apr 29, 2016