I keep getting this feeling that a string or piece of hair is wrapped around my pinky toe? any idea what causes this feeling?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Scott Keith answered

Specializes in Podiatry

This feeling that you are having is actually not all that rare. What is rare however, is rooting out the absolute reason for the feeling. Various neuropathies, entrapments, vitamin and mineral deficiencies, trauma and diabetes have all been blamed. The best advice is to have a specialist exam your toe. The possibility of an ainum, a fibrous contracture, although rare, must be examined for.

Answered Oct 18, 2020

2.6k views