My hard palate intensely hurts and is swollen on both sides. it slightly relaxes when i dont move my mouth but when i eat or drink anything it kills!!

7 doctors weighed in across 4 answers

Many possibilities: Can be from burn, chemical irritation, systemic disease, abrasions, and many other reasons. You need to be examined to be diagnosed and then treated. You must see your Dentist. Referral to Oral Surgeon may be indicated.

Answered 7/12/2015

2.6k views

Dr. Robert Goldenberg answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Swollen Palate: More information is needed to give a reasonable opinion. I would suggest a visit to your dentist to make a more complete and through diagnosis.

Answered 11/27/2017

2.6k views

Dr. John Thaler answered

Specializes in Prosthodontics

Oral Surgeon: Get to the Oral Surgeon as soon as you can for an examination , diagnosis and treatment options. Good Luck.

Answered 7/12/2015

2.6k views

Dr. Paul Grin answered

Specializes in Pain Management

See your dentist: A swollen, painful roof of mouth can have several causes, including allergies, injury, tooth infection or underlying health issues. Your dentist will perform examination and tests on the sore to determine whether the sore is dangerous and what type of treatment might be necessary.

Answered 7/16/2015

2.5k views