NP

I am 18 . i have a small painless lump on the right side of my neck. could it be tumour/cancer?

Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 47 years experience
Depends on size: and location, but not very likely at your age. It is probably an enlarged lymph node. If it persists, you need to see a doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 52 years experience
It depends on....: We need more information about your lump. What size/dimensions? is it hard, soft, firm, painless and how long have you had it? Is it growing in size? Any lump that is larger than 1cm and new or growing in size needs medical examination from your doctor in order to determine what it might be and whether it needs to be removed or not.
Dr. Myron Arlen
Surgical Oncology 66 years experience
Possibly: Most nodes that appear in the neck are transient and will resolve within a given period of time. The more common malignant nodes are related to squamous Ca of the oral cavity but at 18 yo essentially are never seen. Those malignancies while not common at your age that do have to be considered are thyroid and lymphoma. If node does not resolve but enlarges or increases in number, bx indicated
Last updated Mar 22, 2020