Danvers, MA

My left foot has been hurting a lot lately especially my two toes to the left of my big toe. tingling and numbness too. stiffness too. what is it?

Dr. Ejiro Isiorho
Podiatry 9 years experience
Odd sensations: There are a lot of things in that area, that could cause this kind of discomfort. From arthritis, to sprain, from nerve injury to stress fracture. Give yourself a couple of days rest and elevate the leg/foot with ice. Make sure you wear good supportive shoegear (not Sandals or flip-flops!) If the pain or discomfort continues without improvement ask your PCP for a referral to a podiatrist!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 45 years experience
Meet Dr. Morton.: You description is a textbook example of nerve irritation in the space between the second and third toes. The most common location is between the third and fourth toes. The nerve can be simply inflamed(neuritis) or on its was to developing into an enlarged nerve (neuroma). Either way, it is best to have it examined. There are several very good options for effective treatment and resolution.
Last updated Jul 10, 2015