TX

there is a cloudy white layer under the lose skin under my tongue that was cut by my bottom removable retainer. what does that mean,? infected?

Dr. John Thaler
Prosthodontics 41 years experience
Tissue healing: Part of the process of healing. It is dead tissue/skin waiting to slough off. Do not pick/pull it -- let it run its course. Hope you got your retainer adjusted. Good Luck.
Dr. Anthony Sharber
Dentistry 38 years experience
Normal: This is normal for traumatized tissue to look like this when healing. Salt water rinses and good oral care should help speed the healing. Good luck!
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Important: Important that you see whoever did your Orthodontic Treatment IMMEDIATELY to adjust your retainer. This will allow the healing process to begin and the area should quickly clear.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
Very common: Any type of trauma to the mouth or mucosa under the tongue can result in mouth white patches as a result of inflammation and swelling around the site of injury. See your dentist or orthodontist to make sure it is not something that requires more involved treatment.