A member asked:

Severe endo and stage 1 pre cancer . would a hysterectomy be best ? how fast can it turn into stage 5 ? i'm in severe pain everyday.

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Parul Krishnamurthy answered

Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology

Complex decision: Best to d/w your GYN. I presume you are talking about Stage 1 pre cancer of your cervix? This does not necessitate a hysterectomy.

Answered 6/28/2015

2.6k views

Thank

Precancer: At your age I am assuming you mean cervical precancer (dysplasia). Most cases of cervical precancer if watched closely after the HPV vaccine or even with condom use for HPV load reduction resolve spontaneously. I would consider lupron (leuprolide) and/or lapararoscopic surgery before hyst at your age. If you were 35 or more, I would say go for it.

Answered 6/28/2015

2.6k views

Thank

Related Questions

Sponsored Content
HealthTap Medical Group does not endorse products or services. Sponsored content revenues support our mission to make health information free and accessible to all.Learn more