I had open inguinal hernia surgery on my left side without mesh four weeks ago.. i have been having burning & stabbing pain in groin with a dull ache ?

7 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. David Earle answered

Specializes in General Surgery

These types of "tension" repairs are often associated with pain for 4-6 weeks. On rare occasions, chronic pain of varying levels can develop. If you think something is wrong, see your surgeon for a follow up exam. If you're not satisfied, consider a second opinion from a surgeon interested in hernia disease - you can find one on the Americas Hernia Society website. Hope this helps!

Answered Jun 19, 2015

2.7k views