TN

I had open inguinal hernia surgery on my left side without mesh four weeks ago.. i have been having burning & stabbing pain in groin with a dull ache ?

Dr. David Earle
General Surgery 32 years experience
Probably normal: These types of "tension" repairs are often associated with pain for 4-6 weeks. On rare occasions, chronic pain of varying levels can develop. If you think something is wrong, see your surgeon for a follow up exam. If you're not satisfied, consider a second opinion from a surgeon interested in hernia disease - you can find one on the Americas Hernia Society website. Hope this helps!
Dr. Katharine Cox
Pediatric Emergency Medicine 46 years experience
Followup: Follow up with your surgeon for further care. If you are still unwell you need to be reviewed. All the best.
Dr. Mark Dickson
General Surgery 24 years experience
Trajectory of pain?: If your pain is gradually getting better, I wouldn't worry about it yet. It should continue to improve. If it is worsening, see your surgeon. If it is not changed compared to prior to your operation, it might be due to something else. Your surgeon can help direct you the right direction.
Dr. Herman Hammerstead
Trauma Surgery 51 years experience
Ileoinguinal Nerve: that has been entrapped. See surgeon for nerve block for diagnosis
Last updated Nov 11, 2019