Corpus Christi, TX

What is more effective for asthma maintemsnce dulera (formoterol and mometasone) or advair?

Dr. Arin Aboulian
Pulmonary Critical Care 16 years experience
Essentially the same: Advair is fluticasone (steroid) and salmeterol (long acting Beta agonist); Dulera (formoterol and mometasone) is mometasone (steroid) and formoterol (long acting Beta agonist). I do not know what doses you have been prescribed, but you should not be on both Advair and Dulera (formoterol and mometasone). It should be one or the other. I have used both for my patients and it comes does to personal preference and ease of use.

Last updated Apr 22, 2020