Orlando, FL

I get freaked out when i look at myself in a mirror is that normal i don't do drugs. it actually gives me an outter body expernice wich causes my anxiety to go off. is there something wrong with me

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine 46 years experience
It may be...: ...that you have a type of Dissociative Disorder or even Body Dysmorphic Disorder.These are diagnoses that have been developed for the well-recognized discomfort that some people, often those who have underlying anxiety, feel when looking in the mirror. It may stem from wanting to separate from the image in the mirror or reject it. Specific treatments for this have been developed; discuss with doc
Dr. Sheila Calderon
See your doctor for a proper diagnosis and referral for treatment. It is very difficult to resolve without help.
Jun 9, 2015
Last updated Jun 9, 2015