Nederland

my echocardiogram showed reduced basal septum contraction and basal inferior akinesia does this indicated cardiomyopathy? normal ef.

Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Cardiology 51 years experience
Echocardiogram: If you are a 23y/o male and without symptoms and your echo shows what you indicate, I'd get a second opinion first before assuming the abnormalities are real. Those are the type of findings if real that suggest either ischemic heart disease or other form of cardiomyopathy. That area of the heart however is difficult to interpret and perhaps the reading is debatable.

Last updated Jun 7, 2015