I don't want to stop change adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) 4 my 8 year old daughter dose working fine but no appetite. how to only work on appetite n solve this issue?

7 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Yaseen Odeh answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

TOUGH, BUT POSSIBLE: ADDERAL IS ONE OF THOSE MEDICATIONS THAT LATER ON TOLERANCE DEVELOPE TO THEM. THAT MEAN HIGHER DOSES TO DO SAME JOB, HOWEVER, THERE ARE OTHER WAYS TO INPROVE ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER, AMONG SEEING NEUROPSYCHIATRIST, CUTTING DOWN ON ELECTRONIC GAMES AND THINGS THAT INCREASES THE BODY ADRENALIN. PERIACTIN (cyproheptadine hydrochloride) 2 MG AT BEDTIME WILL HELP. IT WORKS WITH GOOD PERCENTAGE OF CHILDREN WITHOUT CUTTING ON THE 4

Answered 11/28/2017

2.8k views

This is one of the: more common side effects of Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine). Run this by your prescribing MD. Might try slightly lowering the dose, dosing at different times in the day, eating before dosing, trying other versions of the same meds (generic vs. brand name), or even other meds. If the ADHD symptoms are mild, try herbs. Here's a reference: http://www.psychologyproductsandservices.com/adhd.html

Answered 5/12/2016

2.8k views

Periactin (cyproheptadine hydrochloride): I have used Periactin, an antihistamine, which an appetite stimulant, to counter the appetite suppression of stimulants. Families report appetite returning without loss of effect of Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) and no sedation

Answered 6/1/2015

2.8k views