I have a lump on my throat directly under my right jaw in line with my ear lobe. no pain or marks but if i rub my throat i can feel it. what is this?

Pathology 46 years experience
Cyst vs node: If this is a persistent problem, your physician can determine whether this is a branchial cleft cyst or an enlarged lymph node. If it is hard, gets fixed to the surrounding tissues, or continues to grow after 2 weeks, be sure to see your physician to rule out something serious but treatable, such as hodgkin's. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Pathology 46 years experience
Provided original answer
Sounds like leaving it alone is a great idea. I'm glad you are taking a proactive approach to your health.
Jan 18, 2012
Dr. David Astrachan
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 39 years experience
Many possibilities: Everything from nothing to a benign growth in your saliva gland to lymph nodes. You need to see an ENT doctor for an evaluation.
Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 29 years experience
Not sure if you mean throat - as in "inside" your mouth/throat region or neck - the outer portion - based on the location - it sounds like it may be a salivary gland mass - best to be checked by your local ENT.
Feb 21, 2012
Last updated Jun 10, 2014