I have a lump on my throat directly under my right jaw in line with my ear lobe. No pain or marks but if I rub my throat I can feel it. What is this?

43 years experience in Pathology
Cyst vs node: If this is a persistent problem, your physician can determine whether this is a branchial cleft cyst or an enlarged lymph node. If it is hard, gets fixed to the surrounding tissues, or continues to grow after 2 weeks, be sure to see your physician to rule out something serious but treatable, such as hodgkin's. Good luck.
Answered on Dec 20, 2012
1
2
43 years experience in Pathology
Provided original answer
Sounds like leaving it alone is a great idea. I'm glad you are taking a proactive approach to your health.
Jan 18, 2012