Puerto Rico
A 31-year-old female asked about a female:

My 19 months old son has mucus in his stools. in december 2013 he was diagnosed mith colitis and clostridium difficile there is no blood seen.

Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
Your question?: I don't know what your question is, but you need to take your son to your pediatrician promptly for further evaluation. C. diff has a nasty way of recurring and just because "no blood is seen" doesn't mean there's no blood in his stool. I certainly hope the mucus isn't a sign of something serious, but you need to find out for certain. Best wishes.

Last updated May 28, 2015