PA

I have a smalll pea sized lump in the groin of my inner thigh. is this an ingrown hair? sometimes i can pop it and it's full clear liquid and blood

Dr. Curtis Simmons
Block hair follicle: You have a blocked inflamed hair follicle (folliculitis). It is caused by old skin debris, sebum (natural body oil), and colonized bacteria and/or fungus that resides on the skin that infiltrates the small pockets which each hair grows(hair follicle). Generally, cleansing area with soap and water resolves this. For worse cases, you may need to see a doctor who will prescribe an antibiotic.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 4, 2022