Santa Fe, NM

I hurt my left sciatic nerve by injuring my back. i have had numbness in the bottom of my foot, back of my thigh but , today in my left testical. it's numb and it's uncomfortable. my left leg is numb as well. should i be concerned?? thank you

Neurology 52 years experience
Get this evaluated: You describe involvement of the S-1 nerve root, and now it appears your symptoms are progressing. If you have a damaged disc, there may be increasing compression of nerve roots, and if this is case, you have risk of increased weakness, involvement of bladder, and perhaps trouble with urinary function. This is not a situation to delay. Contact a surgeon, and decide on therapeutic intervention.

Last updated Jun 22, 2018