Pakistan

I have a sciatic nerve injury due to being shot in the leg. i have done much treatment, but my foot is numb. can you recommend a doctor or further treatment?

Dr. Soren Singel
Neurosurgery 31 years experience
Robert J Spinner: Robert j spinner at the mayo clinic is the national expert in peripheral nerve injury and nerve reconstruction.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Laurence Mermelstein
33 years experience
Nerve graft: This is a difficult problem, especially if the nerve is transected. You need to establish the continuity of the nerve - with an MRI of the area. - if it is intact, it may take over a year to regenerate. If it is severed, consider seeing micro-neurosurgeon (or specially trained "hand" surgeon to see if a nerve graft is an option.
Dr. Eric Bluman
Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery 25 years experience
Dependent on goals: If you wish to regain function of the nerve i agree with dr. M that seeing a surgeon capable of doing nerve repairs is the best idea. Repositioning of your foot and ankle may be accomplished by an orthopedic surgeon through fusions or tendon tethering procedures. If you are dealing with ulceration caused by the lack of sensation in your foot then you may want to see a dpm or wound care specialist.
Dr. Christopher Hendrix
Podiatry 29 years experience
Cadre of docs..: You should contact a board certified foot and ankle specialist in your hometown of close to you. Either a podiatrist or ortho.... The web site: www.Acfas.Org was offered as a starting place giving you a cadre of options.... My apologies if the answer was too brief of appeared self serving... I wish you only good health and relief of your pain and discomfort... Dr. H.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016