I have underbite and about 4 teeth from lower jaw were infront of my upper teeth. is it possible to use invisalign to correct it. my jaw was normal.

20 doctors weighed in across 6 answers
Dr. Kevin Nail answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Orthodontics: With an extreme crossfire, you might be better off with traditional orthodontics. More than likely you will need some tooth colored fillings called bite blocks or buttons to be placed on the tops of your back teeth to keep you bite open as the teeth are moved. The good news is that most orthdontists provide free consultation. This means that they can give you your treatment options for free

Answered 10/11/2017

2.8k views

Dr. Theodore Davantzis answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Orthodontist: You'll need to be evaluated by a local orthodontist to have your question answered. Depending on the extent of the "underbite", Invisalign can be an option. Extensive movement may be better accomplished with traditional brackets and wires. All the best.

Answered 10/11/2017

2.8k views

Dr. Paul Grin answered

Specializes in Pain Management

See an Orthodontist: Many orthodontists offer an initial complimentary consultation. This allows you to find out what type of treatment for your individual situation is recommended and get all your questions answered. Take care.

Answered 10/11/2017

2.8k views

Dr. Hilary Baskin answered

Specializes in Orthodontics

See orthodontist: There is no way to tell if you are a candidate for invisalign without seeing the entirety of your bite and teeth. A free consultation with an orthodontist (you can find one in your area by going to the AAO web site) can determine if you are a good candidate for this treatment.

Answered 10/11/2017

2.8k views

Dr. Ronald Hsu answered

Specializes in Pediatric Dentistry

Possibly: A full evaluation would be needed to determine if Invisalign is appropriate for you. While Invisalign is great for many cases there are limitations. Please see your orthodontist.

Answered 10/11/2017

1.9k views

Dr. Arnold Malerman answered

Specializes in Orthodontics

Diagnosis: The appropriate progression is Diagnosis>Treatment Plan>Mechanotherapy, not the other way around. If the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Seek examination from fully qualified specialist Orthodontist who will know What's Wrong>How to Treat>Appropriate Appliance Therapy, in that order.

Answered 11/27/2017

515 views