TX

my left shoulder just started to hurt when i breath or move it, it really hurts bad.. i have not moved or picked up and thing?

Dr. Ki-Hon Lin
Orthopedic Surgery 25 years experience
Many causes: There are many potential causes for shoulder pain, ranging from inflammation (i.e. bursitis, tendonitis), to rotator cuff problems, to cartilage damage, to instability. For now, it would be reasonable to treat with ice/heat, NSAIDs (i.e. ibuprofen, Aleve), and relative rest. See a physician if symptoms persist or worsen.
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Cardiology 51 years experience
Pain: need to be examined to see what of several possibilities is in play to explain the pain