TX

I currently have the iud paraguard and have for 4 years now. 1-2 wks ago my normal period came and went. today i started bleeding again.

Dr. Brian Nguyen
Irregular bleeding: Irregular bleeding with the paragard is a bit strange. Given that it's a nonhormonal method, I would expect for it to maintain your regular periods and so if you're having an earlier bleed it would signify that you either have a hormonal imbalance related to ovulation or something structural that caused bleeding. It might be a good idea to get examined. Unlikely anything serious if the first time.

Last updated May 3, 2015