My eyes hurt and loose focus when exposed to reading, bright light and sun light. i wear glasses and my vision is getting worse. ?

Dr. Megan Debell
General health?: Sometimes vision changes can be caused by high or low blood sugar - it is important to be tested for diabetes. Also, sometimes thyroid disease can cause eye changes. Try to avoid too much caffeine and concentrated sugars and see if that helps. Also, it is common in the 40's for the lenses of the eyes to lose the ability to change focus, so I would recommend another eye exam.

Last updated Sep 26, 2016