U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 37-year-old female asked:

I have a high level of prolactin in some blood work i had done, i am experiancing constant headaches, fatigue, inability to concentrate, weight gain, etc. should i see a endocrenologist or ent? i want a doctor who will work with my naturopath doctor, and

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Lonnie Smith
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 40 years experience
Probably an Endo: From the way your question is written an endocrinologist would have more answers than a ENT. But you can ask your primary physician for a referral to the correct specialist.
Dr. Alvin Lin
Geriatrics 31 years experience
Endo + Surgeon: Best to see both an endocrinologist and a surgeon, either ENT or neuro. The former can discuss medication options to control excess prolactin while latter two can discuss surgical options especially if there's mass effect from enlargement. Radiation may be another option offered. Check out http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/prolactinoma/basics/definition/con-20028094.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated May 14, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.