United Kingdom

high prolactin (over 200) was found in my blood test 3 weeks ago, my referral is for april, i cannot wait for that long, headache, dizzy, sick, tired ?

Dr. Donald Colantino
High prolactin: That is a high prolactin level and can be caused by a pituitary tumor. Since you're experiencing headache, don't wait for the appointment with a specialist. If your primary care physician won't order one, but go to the hospital emergency room where you will be promptly evaluated and a ct scan of the brain can be performed. If no tumor you will be reassured and get on specialist cancellation list.