I have anxiety bad n scared of being numb by dentist i've heard it cause damages to nerves n you lose feeling in face ?

7 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Jay Haddad answered

Specializes in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

Nerve damage is rare: Nerve damage after a dental injection is very rare and should not be a factor in your decision to obtain dental treatment. The risk of pain and infection from neglecting dental treatment that is needed is much higher.

Answered 4/14/2015

3k views

Dr. Louis Gallia answered

Specializes in Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

Rare: Very very rare but possible. No way to avoid tiny risk. Your risk of having poor dentition from lack of necessary dental care is much higher Just make sure you have a dentist you trust.

Answered 4/15/2015

3k views

Dr. Debra Rosenblatt answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Risk vs. benefit: All procedures contain an innate risk. The risk is outweighed by the benefits of restoring your dentition. I would suggest you speak with your dentist prior to any procedures to allay any trepidation you may have.

Answered 1/7/2018

3k views