I've had a teeth ache since sunday dentist said she thinks infection if my face was going to swell would it have done it by now i have anxiety scared ?

4 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Gary Sandler answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Treatment: Don't be scared or anxious. You need to see a competent dentist asap who can alleviate you fears, evaluate your problem and render proper treatment. It really is that simple.

Answered 3/26/2015

3k views

Dr. Theodore Davantzis answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Incorrect Assumption: You can have an infection without soft tissue swelling. Your dentist should be able to test that tooth as to the integrity of the nerve and periodontal support. If there is a question as to how to proceed, please see an endodontist. Feel better soon and don't be scared.

Answered 3/26/2015

3k views

Dr. Paul Grin answered

Specializes in Pain Management

See a dentist ASAP: A tooth abscess won't go away without treatment and the infection may spread to your jaw, cheeks, sinus, brain and to other areas of your head and neck. A dental abscess is a collection of pus that forms in your teeth or gums as a result of a bacterial infection. Dentist will treat a tooth abscess by treating the cause and getting rid of the infection. See your dentist ASAP.

Answered 3/13/2020

3k views