IN

I have some small white/yellowish bumps on the inside, back of my lip. in between my gums and lip line. painful, bleed sometimes. canker or cold sore?

Dr. Scott Methven
Dentistry 20 years experience
Aphthous ulcer: It's most likely a canker sore. It is painful, I get them sometimes when I eat acidic foods. You can put some oil of clove on it to numb it. It will burn a bit when you put it on but will go away within a few minutes. If your dentist has a soft tissue laser that can also help with the healing process. It should go away in about a week. Hope this helps!!!

Last updated Apr 4, 2018