Tampa, FL

i have crohn's and i have a lump feeling in my chest. hard to eat and don't want to. heart burn meds don't help. what could it be?

Dr. Bennett Werner
Cardiology 44 years experience
Dysphagia: You're possibly describing dysphagia (sensation that food "sticks") or perhaps just anorexia (loss of appetite). This is important because the causes (and treatments) are different. A radiographic swallowing exam and/or esophagoscopy, and/or esophageal manometry would be a good starting point to determine why you don't feel well. Treatment depends on diagnosis. Good luck.
Dr. Corey Clay
Allergy and Immunology 10 years experience
Crohns: Unfortunately, Crohns can cause ulceration from the mouth to the rectum. Without more information, would have to consider an esophageal or gastric erosion. Let your doctor know what is going on because s/he may request upper endoscopy to identify the problem and you may need a change in medication to curb inflammation. Good luck!
Dr. Christian Pariseau
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Crohns does not commonly cause esophagitis (though it can) but your symptoms definitely need further evaluation
Apr 6, 2015