U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Tampa, FL
A 38-year-old female asked:

i have crohn's and i have a lump feeling in my chest. hard to eat and don't want to. heart burn meds don't help. what could it be?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bennett Werner
Cardiology 44 years experience
Dysphagia: You're possibly describing dysphagia (sensation that food "sticks") or perhaps just anorexia (loss of appetite). This is important because the causes (and treatments) are different. A radiographic swallowing exam and/or esophagoscopy, and/or esophageal manometry would be a good starting point to determine why you don't feel well. Treatment depends on diagnosis. Good luck.
Dr. Corey Clay
Allergy and Immunology 10 years experience
Crohns: Unfortunately, Crohns can cause ulceration from the mouth to the rectum. Without more information, would have to consider an esophageal or gastric erosion. Let your doctor know what is going on because s/he may request upper endoscopy to identify the problem and you may need a change in medication to curb inflammation. Good luck!
Dr. Christian Pariseau
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Crohns does not commonly cause esophagitis (though it can) but your symptoms definitely need further evaluation
Apr 6, 2015

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with

Similar questions

A 37-year-old female asked:

I have a deep cough that hurts my chest. I have had bronchitis before should I be worried?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Vance Harris
Family Medicine 37 years experience
Possibly pneumonia: I have found that when people have a deep cough associated with pain on taking a deep breath they often times have pneumonia. You should be evaluated by a physician. If this has been a long-term problem then you definitely need to be evaluated as there are other causes.
San Jose, CA
A 33-year-old female asked:

My breast leak milk with a little bit of squeeze, I have a little sharp pains on the right side of my low abdominal area

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Adam Newman
Obstetrics and Gynecology 29 years experience
May be normal but: You need to get checked by your doctor. There are lots of possible causes for galactorrhea (leaving milky fluid) and most are easy to deal with. Bottom line - go get a checkup! good luck.
San Antonio, TX
A 49-year-old female asked:

My husband had a lung biopsy done and it resulted in hemothorax he was put on a ventilator for two days and remains hospitalized is the hospital responsible for bills of overstay ?

3 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 33 years experience
No, of course not: Pneumothorax and hemothorax are two of the known complications that can happen with a lung biopsy if a patient is unlucky. A patient is responsible for his bills if he has a good outcome, a medium outcome, or a bad outcome; as long as it isn't some truly strange case in which the doctor(s) and/or hospital did something unusually bad or criminal.
Altus, OK
A 27-year-old female asked:

I have sternal chest pain and cxr showed increased lung markings in the base of my lungs. I was sent home to folliw up. Is this serious? Cardiac labs were normal.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Gutti Rao
Hospital-based practice 46 years experience
Probably not: I presume you we're seen in er. Increased lung markings at the base of lung is probably nothing. I think you should be worried. Anyway you will be going to your doctor, he will be in a better position to help you.
A 34-year-old member asked:

Can birth control pills cause or help heart problems?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Alan Patterson
Obstetrics and Gynecology 42 years experience
BCPILLS: Can cause rarely ht attack , blood clots, strokes, if you have ht problems you would need to check with both your cardiologist and gyn before using any type of birth control pill , depending on your problem and situation, some people can and some people cannot.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
Last updated Apr 8, 2015

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.