U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A member asked:

Mupirocin ointment is very uncomfortable on my rather deep, ~1/4-1/3" wide skin wounds, as if covered in heavy, wet plastic. what's better? cream?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Leander Po
Infectious Disease 19 years experience
Seek wound care: Given the presence of several deep skin wounds, it id tecommended that you see a wound care specialist and an ID Specialist. A different cream us unlikely to help as much as debridement, systemic antibiotics, and excelllent wound care

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 49-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
A female asked:
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Feb 7, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.