Canada

whats the difference between bactroban ointment and cream? is one less effective? can you not use one in your nose? my pharmacist said he wanted to talk to me about the difference but wasn't there when i got them. using it to treat face/nose staph.

Dr. John cuong Doan
Ointment stays aroun: a bit longer than cream. Otherwise there is n't much difference. Some people prefer 1 or the other. it is like a moisturizer - some like lotion, some like cream, some prefer spray.
Dr. Edward Seegers
Cream vs ointment: Member000 ~ ZERO difference from a pharmaceutical pov. The ointment works better for moist areas so better for the nose. The cream better on dry skin because it gets absorbed with no residual discomfort of "vaseline" on the skin. thanks