Murray, UT

I am so confused. one doctor tells me cholesterol is good. another doctor tells me cholesterol is bad. total 241 hdl 104 ldl 128. who is to trust?

Dr. Rachel Johns
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Very good: An HDL is the "good" cholesterol, which is protective against heart disease. An HDL that high is wonderful! The LDL is the "bad" cholesterol. The recommended levels depend on your other medical problems. For a person with no other medical problems, your LDL is good. If your diabetic or have prior heart disease, the ideal LDL is less than 70.

Last updated Apr 5, 2015