Hi, i am experiencing pain, redness, and significant swelling in the lymph node located above my elbow on the inside of my right arm. possible causes?

Dr. Georgia Latham
Injury or infection: Lymph nodes usually swell in response to an injury or infection. A lymph node in the area you describe would most likely be due to an injury or infection in your forearm or hand. Swollen lymph node(s) are usually a sign that the body is taking care of itself and not reason for concern. In very rare cases, a swollen node may be a sign of a more serious condition. If it persists, get it checked out

Last updated May 13, 2018