I am a female. 49 years old. been running the last 4 months. started doing 2/1 intervals. run in zone 2 minutes walk 1 minute and on for 30 minutes. at the end i ran hard and my chest began to tighten. heart rate was 166. when i stopped it went away. ran

4 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Joel Gorfinkel answered

Specializes in Cardiac Electrophysiology

Not knowing anything more bout you, is hard to be specific. Assuming you r a healthy 49 y/o woman on no meds for chronic diseases, non smoker, no family hx of premature heart disease, it is unlikely that this represents heart disease, BUT, w/ a symptom of chest tightness, at this high high rate u shud see your doc to be evaluated, & have a regular stress test pushing to u to your max heart rate.

Answered Jun 29, 2016

3k views