i have dry mouth and throat and pale tongue, could this be a side effect from my antibiotic azithromycin. if so last dose is today, is it safe for me to take it? it a 3 day dose.

2 doctor answers
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
35 years experience Dentistry
Side effect: This could be a side effect of the antibiotic. You will get the best answer from your doctor or your pharmacist. Call and ask if you are concerned about taking the last dose. Remember this medication will stay in your system for several days.
Answered on Aug 15, 2015
Dr. Arnold Malerman
52 years experience Orthodontics
Never: Never discontinue any medication without first checking with the prescribing physician or dentist. Your symptoms may be due to the antibiotic, other medications or supplements, as a symptom of the problem for which the antibiotic was prescribed, or a coincidental but u associated problem. Check with the doctor who prescribed the medication for you.
Answered on Aug 15, 2015