NY

sharp pain in forearm, only hurts when i lift something or try to bend my wrist back. i feel the pain on the top of my arm, in between the bones.

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
Lateral epicondyliti: There are several possibilities, but among the more common is lateral rpicondylitis, also known as tennis elbow. It invest an inflammation or even a tear in the extensor tendons to the wrist. Treatment can include ice, NSAIDs, a counter force brace; or if it does not respond, a cortisone shot will often take care of it. Don't hesitate to be seen.

Last updated Feb 9, 2017