Canada

I have a distal fibula fracture non displaced and i was wondering how long i would be in a cast and what is the recovery time?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
I always wonder: Whyi when you are put in the cast that is not discussed? Bone takes approx 6-8 weeks to heal. Xrays and clinical findings are taken into account so it does not mean you are in the cast the entire time.
Dr. Paul Pyles
Dr. Paul Pyles commented
Addiction Medicine 33 years experience
Some patients experience auditory exclusion when going through a stressful event. That is why it is best to have a family member present when instructions are given.
Mar 28, 2015