U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 26-year-old female asked:

My son he is 3.5 years old.he has cylindrical power -3.25 in both eyes.how can i reduce this?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jon Fishburn
Ophthalmology 31 years experience
Myopia: Well, you cannot change your son's myopia, he has been born with it. It is very important to make certain his eyes are developing normally and that he receives the proper prescription spectacles when he needs them. To that end, make sure he sees a pediatric ophthalmologist routinely & then you can be reassured that his vision is maturing on pace with his age. A well fitted spectacle is very likey.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 26, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.