Pittsburgh, PA

what could <0.10 troponin i signify? i was released from the hospital with this level after ekg (w/pvc) normal sinus rhythm,ct,chest x-ray

Dr. Umesh Patel
Preventive Medicine 42 years experience
Troponin: Chest pain related tests include checking the blood for release of heart muscle cell Troponin and CPK. Release of these substances occur when the heart is damaged by decreased blood flow from a blockage in the pipe supplying blood to the heart, direct trauma or from inflammation of the muscle, etc. The rate of release and amount determines the significance of the release to guide management.