IL

I'm hyperthyroidism having pain in my hands to the point i can't make a fist, also been trying to lose weight n nothing is working taking methimazole?

Dr. Philip Kern
Endocrinology 44 years experience
Complicated symptoms: I am not sure how to put together your symptoms and conditions. Has the methimazole worked? Are you thyroid tests normal? Do you have arthritis like pain? Perhaps you should talk to your doctor about some form of arthritis. The methimazole will treat your thyroid and slow your metabolic rate from what it was when you were hyper. You will have to cut back on food.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Corey Clay
Allergy and Immunology 11 years experience
Tough to know: Sounds like you would benefit from a personalized consult to review more in depth. Consider Health Tap Prime or Concierge services. Tough to know if hand weakness is a result of persistent hyperthyroid or if there is a possible rare side effect of the methimazole such as lupus-like vasuculitis/joint pain. Weight loss strategies also need discussion in the overall context. Best wishes!
Last updated Apr 10, 2015