Doctors can you tell me when should i have genetic testing done for reproductive purposes?

Dr. Eric Farbman
Neurology 26 years experience
For you or for baby?: If you are checking on yourself, like with a disease like huntington disease, you should check prior to trying get pregnant if it will make a difference. For example, if you decide that you will not have children if you have hd, you should check prior to trying. If you are talking about the genetic testing of your unborn child, that will vary greatly & you need to talk to a genetic counselor.