I have a lot of bacteria on my tongue and its white even fi i brush it very well so i will use listerine as a mouhwash what's ur advice doctor? 10x

11 doctors weighed in across 5 answers
Dr. Glenn Scheive answered

Specializes in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

Use hydrogen peroxid: switch from listerine to hydrogen peroxide. the efferesence of h2o2 will rinse and bleech out the white color and bacteria.

Answered 10/11/2019

3.1k views

Dr. Maria lovell Denolo-chavez answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Daily tonguebrushing: Whitish area in the tongue will not easily come off with just one-time brushing. You need to brush it regularly just like your teeth and you will eventually see the results. I advise using a mouthwash that is alcohol-free. I use and recommend to patients CoQ10 mouthwash from Perfect Smile. Follow the directions and in 2 weeks your concerns will be solved.

Answered 10/11/2019

3.1k views

Dr. Debra Rosenblatt answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Tongue scraper: Use a tongue scraper as part of your daily hygiene routine. The tongue scraper works better than a toothbrush on the surface of the tongue. Remember to brush and floss in addition.

Answered 10/11/2019

3.1k views

Dr. Paul Grin answered

Specializes in Pain Management

See your PCP: to rule out oral candidiasis (oral thrush). It is a fungal infection that affects the inside of your mouth and tongue. Candidiasis is treated with either topical or systemic antifungal drugs.

Answered 10/11/2019

3.1k views

Dr. Theodore Davantzis answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Filiform Papillae: The whiteness that you see could just be the filiform papillae on the surface of your tongue. A white or black coating on the tongue is NOT necessarily associated with any particular disease condition. Not sure why you think the natural coating on your tongue is an infection. Have yourself tested to put your mind at ease, but I'm not sure it is bacteria. Everyone is different, so don't compare.

Answered 10/11/2019

3.1k views