U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Cincinnati, OH
A 23-year-old female asked:

I have bladder/ flank pain with occult blood in urine and something that feels like round ligament pain (not preg). is this a gyn or urology issue?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ramsay Kuo
Urology 28 years experience
Could be stone: It is possible that you have a stone that is passing as this can cause blood in urine and pain in flank and bladder regions. Best to see a urologist to check urine also to rule out infection and potentially imaging to rule out kidney stones or other urinary causes for pain.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 10, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.