pain after deep filling. had root canal today. toothache with headache after the rct. is that normal? if so, how long should i expect pain and headach

2 doctor answers
Dr. Robert Landman
31 years experience Dentistry
Root Canal: Rule of thumb, I generally tell the patient the first 24 hrs are the roughest. Did the dentist prescribe antibiotics? pain killer? Headache may be coincidental, especially if you are prone to them. Best bet is contact your dentist .
Answered on Sep 18, 2019
2
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
35 years experience Pain Management
Not normal: After the root canal treatment, you may have some headache, swelling and certainly some pain. If swelling does not decrease after 1 week call your dentist immediately for post root canal evaluation and treatment if needed.
Answered on May 25, 2017
1