Daphne, AL

when i make a bowel movement there is a lot of blood along with chunks of what appears to be tissue or mucus. it's not painful but it is alarming ?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 53 years experience
See a doctor: You need to see a doctor soon, even if the symptoms clear up. If no anal sore (fissure) or obvious hemorrhoid (swollen bump in the anus), you probably have inflammation of the inside of the rectum or lower colon (proctitis, proctocolitis). Possible causes include STDs if you're at risk, especially if you've had anal sex; and inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease).