A member asked:

What can i take for severe bile duct stone pain? it's past a 10 and can't get to hospital due to ice.

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Severe biliary colic: it appears you had your gallbladder removed. Do you have a retained stone? or is it a kidney stone? if it is severe you may have an infection of your gallbladder and need antibiotics. you can always call 911 and have the ambulance take you, Drink clear fluids, like teas, water apple juice, , no solids, keep hydrated, try tylenol (acetaminophen) one 500 mg with advil -two 200 mg tabs every 8 hours.. Call 911

Answered 3/6/2015



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor