my hemoglobin is at 2 and i dont want a blood transfusion so my pcp recommended iron infusion. will it help?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Rawhi Omar
44 years experience Pathology
No: You have severe anemia which is life-threatening. Until the cause of the anemia is addressed your only life saver is blood transfusion
Answered on Jul 20, 2015
Dr. Christian Schultheis
24 years experience Hematology and Oncology
Hard to believe: Hard to believe your hemoglobin is at 2. That is way too low. Maybe your red cells are at 2. If you are iron deficient, then iron is appropriate. Need more information.
Answered on Mar 5, 2015
Dr. Andrey Lev-weissberg
Blood transfusion: Blood transfusion is recommended for Hemoglobin less than 6g/dl except in exceptional circumstances. in your case Hemoglobin is 2 and this is an indication of blood transfusion.
Answered on Oct 20, 2016